Most businesses now have a website. However, often these have been developed some time ago and then little is done to maintain them. If this is the case with your business, how sure can you be that the website is still driving potential customers to your business? So take a moment to review your site with these questions and find out if your website is working.
In today's digital age, a website is no longer an option; it's a necessity. And in order to ensure that your website is driving business opportunities, you need to regularly review the site to asses if it is working.
A website is an asset to your business. And just like other assets, it can deteriorate over time if it is not maintained. So ensure that you take time to regularly review your website and ensure that it is delivering outcomes for your business.
The following 10 questions are a good guide to help you review your website. Take a moment to review how your website performs in relation to each question:
- If you put your business name into Google, does your business (and the website) come up?
- Does the link from Google to your website work?
- Is your logo current, are the colours correct and is the font correct?
- Are the contact details correct - ie the phone number, address, email?
- If there is a contact form, does it work?
- Are your listed products/services correct and accurate?
- Does it take less than 5 seconds to load each web page on your site?
- Have you updated anything on your website in the last month?
- Can users access your website from different devices?
- Is there a clear call to action?
If you've responded NO to any of these questions, then it may be time to update your website. And in some cases, you may need to consider a re-development of your website.
As a business you should regularly review how your website is performing. Then, look to incrementally improve the performance of your website - just as you would look at how to incrementally improve your business operations. And using the 10 questions above, can be a great way to start the review process.
If you would like assistance reviewing your website, please Contact Us. At DCODE GROUP, we're more than simply web developers - we're an IT Consultancy. As such, we can help you to assess your requirements and then implement a solution specifically developed for your needs.
Get updates, tips and industry news delivered directly to you